Is your MacBook Air running slow and sluggish?
- Macbook Speed Up
- How To Speed Up A Macbook Pro
- Speed Up Download Times On Macbook Air Keyboard Cover
- Speed Up Macbook Air
- Macbook Air Speed Test
It's frustrating, isn't it? Well, here's some ways to speed up Mac computer when your Mac runs slowly without buying new RAM.
MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air must have the power adapter plugged in to automatically download updates. 2 Software Updates There are two areas to check for updates for your Mac, the System Software and the Apps installed from the App Store. With FaceTime for Mac, users can benefit from live discussions on an iPad, iPod, iPhone or Mac with a built-in camera. It is a free and very handy video conferencing tool for Mac and other Apple products. The MacBook Air already comes equipped with a fast SSD and boasts one of the fastest boot times of any modern computer. SSD disks aren’t cheap, but they are certainly a good investment to improve you Mac’s overall performance.
1. To speed up Mac computers, you'll be using a utility that's already installed. Open your hard drive, open 'Applications' then 'Utilities.'
Now, run 'Disk Utility' and select a disk (if you have two showing, you'll want to repeat this process with the second disk after the first). After selecting a disk, click, 'Repair Disk Permissions.'
If you have two disks listed, make sure to run Repair Disk Permissions on the second disk as well.
Restart your computer. When it's started up again, you'll have successfully made your mac run faster!
2. Make sure your hard drive has about 10-20% of free space. Mac OS X automatically defragments most of your hard drive files, but it needs some free space so it can do this; plus, your computer will swap files with your RAM and hard drive to make certain programs run faster, so you need some free space for that. If your drive is almost full, you should consider getting a new drive.
Macbook Speed Up
3. Keep your computer clean. With the frequent use of your Mac machine, your applications and the Mac OS create tons of junk files, like caches, logs, etc, which will waste a lot of disk space and make your Macbook Pro/Air running slow.
Junk files are temporary files that are created when programs are executed and require some information to be temporarily stored in system. They are not automatically removed by the executed program that generated these files. When these junk files left in the system, they not only take precious disk space but also slows down the system performance when hundreds and thousands of them are stored and are totally useless.
How To Speed Up A Macbook Pro
All-in-one Mac cleanup utility with rich features
Speed Up Download Times On Macbook Air Keyboard Cover
EaseUS CleanGenius is an all-in-one Mac cleanup utility and it includes the following features which can free up your disk space:
Mac cleaner: You can free more space on your Mac disk keeping your Mac healthy at all times. With a simple click from the utility, all junk files (System Caches, User Caches, System Logs, User Logs, User Downloads, Trash, Safari Internet Cache and more) will be removed in just a matter of seconds.
Duplicate file finder: Easily remove the duplicated files at the specified location. Duplicated files may have different file names and lurk in different folders, but they have the identical contents.
Speed Up Macbook Air
Mac uninstaller: EaseUS CleanGenius also offers applications uninstall. When you drag an application to the Trash, its preferences, cache and log files still remain on your drive and waste valuable disk space. With EaseUS CleanGenius, you can completely remove applications and their associated files.
Macbook Air Speed Test
Browser Plug-ins Cleanup: Support to clean up and remove browsers such as Safari, Chrome or Firefox plug-ins, cache and cookies. Your browsing histories, bookmarks and downloaded files won't be cleaned.