List Of Best Slideshow Software For Mac 1. HyperEngine: Open Source Slideshow Maker for Mac. If you really like that geek looking UI and structured timeline. IMovie: Free Native Slideshow Creator for Mac. For those who like to stick with the native applications and don’t. In the Photos app on your Mac, select the photos you want in your slideshow. You can add or remove photos later (see “Add or remove photos and text in a slideshow,” below). Choose File Create Slideshow Photos. Click the Slideshow pop-up menu and choose New Slideshow. Type a slideshow name in the Slideshow Name field, then click OK. Movavi Slideshow Maker for Mac is a simple program that enables you to create memorable slideshows with animated transitions and the soundtrack of your choice. Download Movavi’s slideshow builder for Mac OS X and start creating celebratory movies today! Download Photo Slideshow for macOS 10.10 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. You’re welcome to install this application and if you feel satisfied with it, three options of In-App Purchase are available for you to remove the watermark on the output: - Pay $5.99 for 3 times of publishing a movie - Pay $9.99 for 1 month use - Pay $29.99 for life use Photo Show - Movie Maker.
Creating photo slideshows is one of the best ways to have a vivid presentation with still images integrated into it. We know that many online applications and desktop programs available to make a slideshow on Windows. However, when it comes to presentation on the Mac OS X system, it is totally a different situation. We also know the Mac OS X is much more closed than the Windows platform. The choices of slideshow software for Mac are very limited. But never worry, as based on our careful testing and functional evaluation, we selected the top 5 slideshow programs you can use on Mac. Let’s check them.
5 Best Slideshow Software for Mac
LightMV is a cloud-based slideshow maker which is compatible with Mac, Windows, iOS and Android. There are many web applications provide slideshow making services but we consider this one as the best free slideshow maker for Mac among others based on three factors – No signup and installation, ads free with a clean interface, completely free export without watermark. Currently, its easy mode offers 11 styles of templates. I guess it has an advanced mode which might be released in the near future. Under the easy mode, we can output a HD-quality slideshow in three steps.
- A super easy user interface
- No limit on the use
- HD export of the video
- Works with different systems
- More templates should be offered
iMovie should be one of your considerations when it comes to creating a stunning slideshow. As the default video editing software developed by Apple Inc., iMovie can be found preinstalled on Mac and iOS devices. This tool can create a slideshow presentation with pictures, aside from editing their video footages. There are a lot of themes, transitions and effects which can be used to make the slideshow good looking. If you need a free slideshow maker for Mac, go ahead with iMovie.
- Free of charge
- Lots of integrated effects, transitions and themes
- Official technical support from Apple
- Not easy-to-use interface for beginners
JPEGDeux is another program that can be used effectively to make a desired slideshow on Mac. With the wide range of useful options for customization it provides, people are able to have more freedom to export the slideshow they prefer. Besides, as one of the best slideshow makers for Mac, it also has a very intuitive interface which first-time users can get hold of all its functions instantly.
- Recursive directories help make slideshows very easily
- Outstanding customization options for slideshow making
- Stable and reliable to use
- Limited editing functions
- No option for slideshow sharing
4K Slideshow Maker
4K Slideshow Maker provides users the highest 4K resolution when it comes to creating slideshows. The slideshow maker software for Mac allows uploading of images not only from Mac, but also directly from Instagram, which is a quite great feature for Instagram users that can come very handy. It has cool effects, filters, effects and transitions and even the face recognition tech. All these features will definitely give you a good experience.
- Supports the loading of images from local folder or even from the Instagram platform
- Allows users to export slideshow in 4K quality
- Provides various format options for exporting a slideshow
- Limited editing options are available in the tool
- Limited themes and styles available
FotoMagico 5 is an additional tool among the best free slideshow makers for Mac which allows its users to create a slideshow with photos, videos, music and text integrated all at once. Like 4K Slideshow Maker, this software also provides ultra 4K resolution for creating a slideshow.
- Very easy to handle user interface
- Supports the creation of slideshows with videos aside from photos
- Offers 4K resolution
Free Slideshow App For Mac
- The latest version is only available on Mac OS X 10.6.6 and later
Those are the best slideshow maker for Mac on the market, which you can use to make the most stunning slideshow on Mac. If you have better programs that we do not review in this post, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.
- Which is the best slideshow maker?
- And is there a slideshow program for Mac?
Actually, it is hard to define which kinds of software will be the best slideshow maker, but for sure, there are lots of slideshow creator can works on Mac operating system. So, it is quite easy to find a slideshow program for your Mac.
Slideshow Software For Macbook
In this post, I'll show you top 11 free slideshow maker for Mac, and you can choose any one to create interesting, animated videos in form of slideshows from your pictures while adding your favorite music or sounds to run in the background.
Read Also:9 Advanced & Free Slideshow Maker for Windows
Well, I'd like to show all of you the detailed steps of creating a stunning slideshow with one of the best slideshow maker in the below list. You can check that steps to see how easy the program works.
Now, let's get started...
[Reviews] 11 Best & Free Slideshow Maker for Mac
#1. Filmora Video Editor (Mac)
Filmora Video Editor for Mac is an easy-to-use yet powerful video editing software with photo video slideshow maker tools. You can import any photos and do changes with the editing tools, and then create photo video slideshow easily. And it provides you with hundreds of effects, including filters, transitions, titles, texts and more.
Key Features of Filmora Video Editor:
- Edit videos, photos and audio with powerful editing tools, including cutting, splitting, cropping, merging, rotating, etc.
- Create photo video slideshow with wonderful free effects, including transitions, filters, overlays, elements, titles, etc.
- Add background music or sound effects to the slideshow according to your own needs.
- Export the slideshow to any formats, device, share on YouTube, Vimeo or burn to DVD as you like.
#2. iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for Mac
iSkysoft Slideshow Maker perfectly works with Mac OS, making fantastic movies or slideshows out of your videos and photos. Besides, it can also burn the videos and photos into DVD from your iMovie files and iPhoto files. iSkysoft Slideshow Maker for Mac combines the function of both iMovie and iPhoto and lets users to add more effects when make slideshow on Mac.
- Make a slideshow with lots of professional themes and editing features.
- Share it all on iTunes, iDVD, YouTube, iPhone, iPad, or burn to DVD and more.
- Allow you to add your own credits, captions titles, background music and other effects.
- Full compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.11 EL Capitan.
iPhoto is a slideshow making program for Mac that has a beautiful interface which makes it easy to learn and use. With an extensive range of special effects, this software makes it ideal to use. It comes with different audio effects and shortcuts that you can use to make the slideshows. Aside from this factor, it also has great editing tools and great effects that you can use to make your slideshow interesting. Its photo organization helpers allow you to share your pictures or slideshows on Facebook and other social media forums.
#4. DVD Creator for Mac
iSkysoft DVD Creator for Mac is another highly recommended slideshow maker for Mac users. This all-in-one tool enables you to simply drag and drop your photos and videos to the program and create slideshow. You can add background music to make the slideshow attractive. Besides slideshow creating, you can also convert videos in any format from any source to DVD disc or DVD file. See more benefits with this Mac slideshow creator.
- Make slideshow with photos and background music.
- Convert slideshow to DVD files and DVD disc.
- Burn DVD with any videos in any format.
- Provide thousands of free DVD menu templates.
#5. HyperEngine AV
The HyperEngine-Av which was previously a Montage is a great multimedia editor which allows you to combine seamless photos, videos, texts and sounds to come up with great slideshows of family movies or even business presentations easily and quickly. With the HyperEngine, one can drag and drop media clips from a FireWire DV camera. You can later arrange this in your workshop to slideshows or movies.
This software is preinstalled on Macs but which can also be downloaded online. It comes with several themes, new titles, video stabilization features that you can use to create slideshows. Whether you are using an upgraded version or not; iMovie comes with simple features which make the video editing process fun, satisfying and relatively easy not to mention stress free. You do not need any prior experience to fully use this software.
This is a built-in software that comes pre-bundled with your Mac. It lets you create video slideshows and picture slideshows using your digital media contents. It even offers an intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Furthermore, with this software, you can also burn or write your slideshows into a DVD disc on your Mac and enjoy the contents on Apple TV, computers or any other DVD players.Pros:
- It's a free slideshow maker software that comes pre-bundled with your Mac.
- It offers a simple & intuitive interface which is easy to navigate.
- You can also burn your slideshow to a DVD using this software.
- This comes with restricted features, for example, basic editing options, rudimentary theme or styling options.
- This software doesn't allow to share your slideshow with friends & family.
It is an open-source tool for Mac OS X which can be used to make a slideshow program with image files. Originally inspired by a specialized tool (JPEGView), this effective slideshow generator comes with various useful customization options. With JPEGDeux, you can easily display your slideshows in full-screen mode, in a window, and in the Dock.Pros:
- It's an open-sourced slideshow maker tool for Mac OS X users.
- It comes with several outstanding features especially the customization options.
- You can easily create slideshows from recursive directories.
- It's reliable and completely safe to use.
- The software doesn't come with vast editing options.
- JPEGDeux doesn't allow you to share your slideshows with family & friends.
#9. FotoMagico 5
This tool presents you an absolutely trouble-free way to make a vivid yet beautiful slideshow on your Mac while using your existing photos, videos, music & text. Thus, you'll eventually create a high-resolution video or live presentation in a snap. What's more - this software offers you 4K Ultra HD resolution & splitting fast speed (that is less than 15 minutes). Considering all these features, FotoMagico 5 is a nice choice when it comes to choosing free slideshow maker.Pros:
- Allows you to easily create stunningly beautiful & professional looking slideshow.
- Allows you to import photos, videos, music & text into your slideshow.
- Offers interesting features like 4K Ultra HD resolution & splitting fast speed.
- Many important Pro features are only available to its premium licensed versions such as timeline view, recording mode, direct access to Lightroom photo libraries, additional export options etc.
- The latest version of FotoMagico 5 is available only for Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.
#10. Muvee Reveal Express for Mac
If you're looking for a free yet convenient slideshow maker for Mac OS X, then you can definitely try this software : Muvee Reveal Express for Mac. You can easily transform your photos into a live slideshow video with a maximum of 50 photos. You can also choose from one of five exciting styles, starting from Scrapbook-style slideshows to music-video slideshows (trailer type). Also, you can export your slideshow to iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch etc.Pros:
- Easily create a slideshow and export it to your gadgets.
- You can make multiple slideshows with different songs & finally string them together.
- Share your slideshows on big screens with iDVD or using Airplay.
- The latest version of this tool comes as a licensed and premium software.
- You are limited to import a total of 50 photos in your slideshow.
- It comes with only five styles or default themes.
#11. 4K Slideshow Maker
It is a convenient, easy-to-use, and straightforward app that allows you to create slideshows. You can add the desired photos from your own Mac or from Instagram, select the music & then apply various gorgeous effects, filters, and transitions. It also comes with the advanced face recognition technology. Finally, you can save your slideshow on your iPhone or share it on Facebook.Pros:
Photo Slideshow On Mac
- Add photos from your local folder or directly download them from your Instagram account.
- Save the slideshow in Ultra 4K HD quality and enjoy the highest quality content on your iPhone, HD TV or even online.
- Add your favorite music and customize the duration as per your wish.
- Select your favorite video output format – Mac OS X Standard, Windows Standard, iPhone 5/4/3GS, YouTube, Facebook, iPad/iPad Mini etc.
- It doesn't allow you to burn your slideshow to a DVD.
- It doesn't offer too many editing options.
- It comes with only five styles or default themes.
Bonus: How to Make Movie Slideshow with Filmora Video Editor?
Slideshow App For Macbook Air
Step 1. Download and install Slideshow Maker for Mac, run this program, and you'll see its interface as below. Choose 'New Project' and enter the video editing panel.
Step 2. Drag and drop your photos or video clips you wish to put into the video slideshow into the program, then you'll find them in the media library one by one. Drag these media files into the timeline for editing.
Step 3. Ensure the media clips are located in the right order, then, you can split, rotate, crop or zoom your video clips or pictures as you like. Here, you can also double-click it to do more editings.
You can also add some special effects to make your video slideshow looks naturally as follows:
- 100+ Free Transition Effects to Make Your Video Special
- How to Make An Intro/Outro for Your Video
Step 4. When all settings have done, you can preview the slideshow in the Preview window and then, hit 'Export' button to choose an video format or platform to save your output slideshow video.
Done! So, what're you waiting for now?
Just pick up the right slideshow maker software to create stunning slideshows on Mac computer easily. If you feel hard to make a decision, I'd like to recommend you to start the editing process from the Filmora Video Editor for Mac.
Click the below icon to get the free trial version now.