- On my High Sierra Mac. Java -version gives. Java version '1.8.0172' Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0172-b11) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.172-b11, mixed mode) but in Oracle's documentation and list of downloads I see references to versions.
- Another reason for the reemerging prompt to download legacy Java SE 6 runtime is that a system might already have one out of three Java 9 updates or even Java SE 10, which are incompatible with the old version of the famous Adobe product. To run Photoshop CS3 on a Mac under macOS High Sierra, the legacy version of Java has to be installed.
- Matlab 2016a appears to be very unstable with OS High Sierra (10.13.1) and crashes regularly while running scripts. I would not recommend upgrading to High Sierra until these bugs are.
Download Java for OS X 2017-001 Java for macOS 2017-001 installs the legacy Java 6 runtime for macOS 10.13 High Sierra, macOS 10.12 Sierra, macOS 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.10 Yosemite, macOS 10.9 Mavericks, macOS 10.8 Mountain Lion, and macOS 10.7 Lion.
Install macOS High Sierra on PC with Hackintosh macOS High Sierra Installer which doesn't need access to a mac to create a bootable Installer
Java 6 Mac Download
You can create bootable USB from Windows, Linux or Mac.
For detail Installation Guide and Instruction read: Install Hackintosh High Sierra on PC/Laptop
Features of Hackintosh High Sierra Installer:
Java Se 6 Mac Os
- NO MBR Support, Only GUID Partitions will be able to Install (MBR can be patched manually)
- Fix for 'move Nvidia.pkg', 'move ATI.pkg', 'move Intel.pkg' issues
- Removed unnecessary packages from Customize section
- Trying to implement a fix for users stuck in language chooser menu
- APFS will be supported but not recommended.
- Clover UEFI is the default bootloader (of course Chameleon & Clover bootloaders will be included too)
- Kexts and scripts are tweaked, with some bug fixes with Installer.
- Removed most of the bloatware, only a few apps will be leftover you can keep it or delete it.
- Safari Bookmarks are unchanged.
- Dock icons will not be modified
- AMD support (Beta only)
- Audio, Network Kexts will not be auto-installed, You have to select them from Customize Section.