IMovie HD is software that helps non-professionals to transform videos into Hollywood-quality clips. Immediately after users import their videos, iMovie organizes them by Events. Next, users are able to drag and drop various clips into the order. From the first scene to the last. Whether you’re using a Mac or an iOS device.
iMovie is the most important video editor for Mac. With it, you can easily edit your photos and video files and add animated titles, beautiful themes, music, and effects. From iMovie 3 (2003), it's bundled with all new Mac. It means, you can use it to make good-looking videos as long as you buy a new Mac from Apple. Also, Apple provides separate purchase of iMovie for Mac included in iLife, together with iWork, iWeb, iDVD, GarageBand, etc. This article will show you the history of iMovie, how to download iMovie for free and introduction to a better iMovie for Mac alternative.
Imovie Mac Download Free Games
Download iMovie for iOS >>
Part 1: iMovie for Mac History
- The first version of iMovie was released in 1999 as a Mac OS 8 application, bundled with iMac DV. Since iMovie 3, iMovie is bundled with iLife and you can get it free with your new Mac.
- iMovie '08 was a milestone. In the version, iMovie was completely redesigned and thus was criticized due to its drastic abandonment of some iMovie HD 6 features. Fortunately, iMovie '09 added more new features and restored some features from previous versions of iMovie for Mac.
- iMovie '11 makes video editing more funny. This version of iMovie helps you make trailers for home movies, provides you more control over audio, instant replay and effects, news themes, and the easiest way to share your video on Facebook and YouTube.
- The iMovie 10, released in 2013, is another complete redesign with more options to share a movie, more movie and trailer themes, and more advanced visual effects.
- iMovie 10.1 was released on October 13, 2015. 4K video making and sharing was supported for the first time.
- The latest iMovie 10.1.10 was released on November 8, 2018. Directly upload to Facebook was removed. Instead, added the option to output video for you to manually upload to Facebook.
- iMovie is changing with times. It's hard to say whether it's better for you because you'll loss something while you're receiving something new. In my opinion, it's NOT a good idea to upgrade your iMovie for Mac if it works good for you.
Part 2: How to Download iMovie for Mac for Free
- Sometimes, you might delete iMovie for Mac by mistake. In such cases, you have to download iMovie for Mac and install it again. As new Apple users, you just need to go to Mac App Store to get it for free, otherwise, $14.99 is required. Moreover, you need to upgrade your Mac OS to the latest OSX Yosemite (OS X 10.10.2 or later).
- If you don't want to upgrade your Mac OS X, an iMovie for Mac equivalent is recommended to edit your videos.
- For your convenience, here are the free updates for upgrading your iMovie for Mac to the version 9.0.9. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't provide free update downloads of iMovie for the forwards versions on Mac OS X.
Part 3: Download iMovie for Mac Alternative
- Can't get iMovie working on your Mac? Forget iMovie then. There are so many video editing software available. Here I humbly recommend Movavi Video Editor for Mac. This is a perfect movie creating software for either novice or professional iMovie users. It's easier than iMovie for its intuitive interface and simple workflow. However, it also gives you advanced options to tweak your videos like iMovie does. Download this iMovie alternative for Mac now to make your first movie and you'll love it or choose from more iMovie for Mac alternatives.
iMovie for Mac Conclusion
When I'm searching information for writing this article, I find out that many famous software download sites like softonic and tomsguide provide 'fake' download links to iMovie for Mac. Actually, there is no separate install file for iMovie on Mac. All claimed iMovie for Mac links point to Mac App Store.
Imovie Mac Download Torrent
All In all, you have to pay for separate iMovie for Mac purchase. And if your iMac doesn't comply with Apple's requirements, you have choices of iMovie for Mac alternatives, among which Movavi Video Editor is our recommendation. Just download and try it yourself. Trust me, it's better than iMovie for Mac OS X.