Before you begin, make sure to back up your iMovie libraries, your media, and the iMovie app.
- Imovie Download For Macbook Air Laptop
- Imovie Download For Macbook Air
- Imovie Download For Macbook Air Upgrade
Try these troubleshooting steps in order
After trying each step below, test iMovie again to see if you've fixed your issue.
Restart your Mac
Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu; Apple; Shopping Bag +. Let your MacBook do the digging for you! Click in the Search box below the track list and begin typing a song name. IMovie narrows down the song titles displayed to those that match the characters you type. To reset the search box and display all your songs in the Library or selected playlist, click the X icon that appears to the right of the box. IMovie lets you turn your home videos into beautiful movies and Hollywood-style trailers that you can share with a few quick clicks. Import video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, from a camera, or from media files already on your Mac. IMovie creates a new library and event for you.
If you use an external device with iMovie like a camera, reset NVRAM:
- Shut down your Mac.
- Disconnect all external devices other than your keyboard and your mouse.
- Reset NVRAM.
- Open iMovie and attempt to reproduce your issue.
- If iMovie works, reconnect devices one at a time until you can reproduce your issue. Restart your Mac after reconnecting a device if the device requires it.
- If iMovie still doesn't work, you might need to update your device's firmware or have the device serviced.
Update macOS and iMovie
Choose Apple menu > App Store, then click Updates. If an iMovie update is available, click Update to download and install it.
Check camera and media format compatibility
Make sure you're using a camera and media format that works with iMovie. If you can't find your camera listed or need further assistance, contact the manufacturer of the device for support.
If you're using a third-party video interface with your Mac, check with the manufacturer for firmware or other software updates for your device.
Test with a new library and project
You can create a new library and test project to check if the issue is with your library, project, or iMovie app. First, create a new library:
- Quit iMovie.
- While you press and hold the Option key, click the iMovie app in the Dock or double-click the iMovie app in the Applications folder.
- In the Open Library window, click New to create a new library.
- Name the test library 'Test iMovie Library,' then save it to the Desktop.
Next, create the test project using a built-in trailer template, then export it as a QuickTime video file:
- In iMovie, click Projects to return to the Projects view.
- Choose File > New Trailer, click the Action trailer template, then click Create.
- Choose File > Share > File, click Next, name the file 'Finish Line,' then save the video file to the Desktop.
Next, import the QuickTime video file into a new project in the new library:
- Click projects to return to the Projects view. In the window, click OK.
- Choose File > New Movie.
- Choose File > Import Media, then click Desktop in the Import window sidebar. Select the 'Finish Line.mov' file in the list, then click the Import Selected button.
- Select the clip in the browser, then press the E key to add the clip to the timeline.
- Try to recreate the issue you were having. For example, if iMovie quit when adding a transition, try to add a transition to the timeline.
If the new library and project work as expected, you've isolated the cause of your issue to the original library or project. Try to restore a previous version of the original library from a Time Machine or other backup.
Test iMovie with a new user account
Create another user account on your Mac, then test iMovie with the new user account.
Reset iMovie to default settings. Libraries won't be affected.
Delete iMovie, then redownload and reinstall it. Libraries won't be affected.
Still not working?
IMovie is an extremely popular video editing program developed by Apple Inc for both iOS Mac OS X, and iPad devices. It was initially released as a Macintosh OS X application bundled with the original FireWire-equipped Mac unit – the iMac DV (Digital Video Adapter) sold alongside the first iDVD (DVD to Air-DV).
It is now available for sale on the iTunes Store for all Apple devices, along with iOS and iPad devices. You can find IMovie for iPad and other Apple devices through the main Apple Store website or via its affiliated app stores. However, in order to view and edit your videos with IMovie, you will need to have a compatible Apple-compatible computer and a valid iTunes account in order to download the program. You can also learn how to get imovie for windows 10.
Features of iMovie
- Use various fonts and styles to create an artistic title for your movie.
- Supports special effects that you can only see premium video editing apps.
- Change the speed and other effects that will enhance and put more drama into the story of your video.
- Use 10 video filters to add cinematic touch.
- The iMovie has built-in sound effects, music, and even supports voiceover to create a movie that not just looks good but also sounds just as good.
- Edit anywhere using either iOS device or Mac OS device through the iCloud.
How to Download and Install iMovie for PC
In this method, we will be using the iPadian emulator to run any iOS and Mac OS X apps. Although this still has some minor bugs and some performance issues on some Windows drivers, this emulator is good enough for temporary use. Just use one of the most popular download managers to speed up any of your downloads.
- On your PC, open the web browser of your choices like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Search for the iPadian official website or you can download from our link above for free. You can use Internet Download Manager (IDM) to accelerate the download speed.
- Once the download finishes, you should run the installer.
- Choose a folder where you want it to install or just use Windows default folder like Program Files or Program Files (x86) depending on your Windows version.
- After the installation finishes, look for the iPadian icon shortcut on your main desktop. Double-click on it to launch the app.
- You will need to log in using your Apple ID just like what you do when you first use your Apple devices.
- Once you are in, go to App Store and search for the iMovie app.
- Install the app and wait for it to finish.
- When done, you can then start using iMovie for PC right away.
You can read more guides via websitepin website.
Imovie Download For Macbook Air Laptop
The iMovie Interface
The main interface for IMovie on the iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air, and Mac mini consist of four main elements. The Home screen displays your project list, as well as any media that you have added to your movie. The toolbar in the top-right corner allows you to add audio files to your project, which are then routed to your iTunes library for playback. The three main controls for editing the movie is located in the top-right corner of the toolbar, as are the project and clip options on the left.
The clips you add to your movie will appear on the clips tab at the top of the screen. You can drag these clips around, and once they are selected, drag them up and down to make your movie full screen. If you wish to make your video shorter, you can drag the clips up and down.
Imovie Download For Macbook Air
Editing your movie can be achieved in a variety of ways. You can use the basic controls to preview what you want to change and then apply the changes to the video, or you can use more complex editing tools such as “time shifting”undo.”
Time shifting allows you to rewind or fast forward a video in real time. By dragging a timeline in the time direction you want to move the video, you can move it forward or backwards in time. While you can’t actually undo something, you can choose to stop the video from being rewound, or redone it if you want to. and make changes to it. The undo button is located in the top-left corner of the Timeline controls.
The undo button is located on the right side of the Timeline controls, next to the video time shifting button. Undo allows you to undo the last action performed. You can’t undo pressing “Ctrl + Z”Home” while the undo button is active. If you don’t want to undo but still want to make changes, you can choose to delete the media file from the project using the delete button found under the title bar on the left-hand side of the video controls.
Imovie Download For Macbook Air Upgrade
Editing your video is very easy. To make changes, simply drag a clip onto the track of the desired effect and drag it down to create the new effect. You can also use the mouse or your fingers to change the color of the clip. You can also change the size of the clip by dragging the track vertically or horizontally. If the video needs to be resized, simply drag the clip down, or drag the mouse wheel up or down to change the size of the clip.
To make redo your project, just select a clip and click the red button next to it in the Timeline toolbar. Now you can do whatever you want to the selected clip – insert text, cut, paste, delete or move to another track – while the edit continues in the same way as in the beginning of the movie. A redo button appears next to the track on the left side of the timeline controls. When you are satisfied with your video, you can save the movie by clicking “OK”.
Movie making software can be used for more advanced editing tasks. There are many software packages available to help you create professional-looking movies in an easily customizable way.